Proclamation 2017 – 26
Whereas, emergency medical services is a vital public service; and
Whereas, the members of emergency medical services teams are ready to provide lifesaving care to those in need 24 hours a day, seven days a week; and
Whereas, access to quality emergency care dramatically improves the survival and recovery rate of those who experience sudden illness or injury; and
Whereas, the emergency medical services system consists of emergency physicians, emergency nurses, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, firefighters, educators, administrators and others; and
Whereas, the members of emergency medical services teams, whether career or volunteer, engage in thousands of hours of specialized training and continuing education to enhance their lifesaving skills; and
Whereas, it is appropriate to recognize the value and the accomplishments of emergency medical services providers by designating Emergency Medical Services Week.
Now, therefore, the Board of County Commissioners of Lake County, Florida, proclaims that:
- Section 1. The week of May 21-27, 2017 is proclaimed as “Emergency Medical Services Week” in Lake County, Florida.
- Section 2. A copy of this Proclamation shall be spread upon the Minutes of this meeting.
- Section 3. This Proclamation shall take effect upon adoption.
Done and Proclaimed this 23rd day of May, 2017 in regular session of the Board of County Commissioners of Lake County, Florida.
Board of County Commissioners
Lake County, Florida
- Timothy I. Sullivan, Chairman
- Sean M. Parks, District 2
- Wendy R. Breeden, District 3
- Leslie Campione, District 4
- Josh Blake, District 5