GREEN • Normal Weather Activity
NWS Radar Tampa FL
NWS Radar Melbourne FL
Storm Status Levels:
GREEN • Normal weather activity. Monitoring, organizing, preparing and training.
BLUE • Official Hurricane Season: June 1 – November 30. All of the above plus intensified weather monitoring. Staff should organize and prepare personal and family safety equipment, develop family evacuation and/or childcare plans and be prepared for the season.
YELLOW • A storm threat exists. All of the above, plus regular Staff updates, Command level activity. Staff responsible for keeping abreast of further developments.
ORANGE • An approaching storm has been identified that may affect LakeEMS operations. All of the above, plus preparing for possible activation of Staff to Storm Staffing levels; Lake EMS Command Post partial activation; Staff should confirm family plans and prepare personal equipment and supplies.
RED • Storm conditions predicted to impact LakeEMS service area. All of the above, plus LakeEMS Staff activation to Storm Staffing levels; All PDO that has not already commenced is canceled. Lake EMS Command Post full activation; Lake County EOC full activation; State EOC partial or full activation.
Stay Informed and Be Prepared
ALL EMPLOYEES are personally responsible for keeping abreast of Lake EMS Storm Condition Status information by any of several methods, including contacting any on-duty District Chief for updates. We will keep everyone as informed as possible through this website, e-mails, pages, faxes and radio broadcasts as it becomes necessary.
- Current Satellite Images
- Weather Underground Interactive Weather Station Map with Temp & Wind Speed
- Intellicast Weather
- NOAA/NWS Watches/Warnings
- NOAA Hurricane Center
- D: Tropical Depression – wind speed <39 mph
- S: Tropical Storm – wind speed 39-73 mph
- H: Hurricane – wind speed 74-110 mph
- M: Major Hurricane – wind speed 111+ mph
- Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale
- Cat 1: 74-95 mph – very dangerous winds will produce some damage
- Cat 2: 96-110 mph – extremely dangerous winds will cause extensive damage
- Cat 3: 111-129 mph – devastating damage will occur
- Cat 4: 130-156 mph – catastrophic damage will occur
- Cat 5: 157+ mph – catastrophic damage will occur