GREEN • Normal weather activity
Storm Status Levels:
GREEN • Normal weather activity. Monitoring, organizing, preparing and training.
BLUE • Official Hurricane Season: June 1 – November 30. All of the above plus intensified weather monitoring. Staff should organize and prepare personal and family safety equipment, develop family evacuation and/or childcare plans and be prepared for the season.
YELLOW • A storm threat exists. All of the above, plus regular Staff updates, Command level activity. Staff responsible for keeping abreast of further developments.
ORANGE • An approaching storm has been identified that may affect LakeEMS operations. All of the above, plus preparing for possible activation of Staff to Storm Staffing levels; Lake EMS Command Post partial activation; Staff should confirm family plans and prepare personal equipment and supplies.
RED • Storm conditions predicted to impact LakeEMS service area. All of the above, plus LakeEMS Staff activation to Storm Staffing levels; All PDO that has not already commenced is canceled. Lake EMS Command Post full activation; Lake County EOC full activation; State EOC partial or full activation.
Stay Informed and Be Prepared
**ALL EMPLOYEES are personally responsible for keeping abreast of Lake EMS Storm Condition Status information by any of several methods, including contacting any on-duty District Chief for updates. We will keep everyone as informed as possible through this website, e-mails, pages, faxes and radio broadcasts as it becomes necessary.
- Current Satellite Images
- Weather Underground Interactive Weather Station Map with Temp & Wind Speed
- Intellicast Weather
- NOAA/NWS Watches/Warnings
- NOAA Hurricane Center
- D: Tropical Depression – wind speed <39 mph
- S: Tropical Storm – wind speed 39-73 mph
- H: Hurricane – wind speed 74-110 mph
- M: Major Hurricane – wind speed 111+ mph
- Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale
- Cat 1: 74-95 mph – very dangerous winds will produce some damage
- Cat 2: 96-110 mph – extremely dangerous winds will cause extensive damage
- Cat 3: 111-129 mph – devastating damage will occur
- Cat 4: 130-156 mph – catastrophic damage will occur
- Cat 5: 157+ mph